The gardens of Dogwood Hills are located in different areas of the golf course as well as among the cabin’s. The inspiration for the gardens came from the many wild flowers found on the property. You will see no formal gardens at Dogwood Hills, but you will see country gardens much like those found around farm houses in the years past.
Number 10 fairway is flanked by a landscaped water fall and a cliff overhang that served as shelter for the Cherokee Indians. On the right side, along the bluff are native oak leaf hydrangeas and many other varieties of hydrangeas. Surrounding the cliff overhang are wild hydrangeas which were hybridized to form the beautiful lace cap hydrangea of today.
Framing # 10 green is a garden of knock-out roses with cherry trees in the back ground.
The Wild Flower that started the garden project was the spider wart (Bryce’s favorite). Many yellow coreopsis surround the purple spider warts. The flower found on the property will depend on the time of the year and the previous winter conditions. You may see the beloved Cardinal Flower, native azaleas, violets, sweet peas, mini sunflowers, Mountain Mint known as snow on the mountain to locals, asters and many others. With a little luck, you will find a “Jack- in- the- pulpit” blooming.
There is twenty acres of undisturbed land with a walking trail. The lush ferns and plants will remind you of a rain forest. Relax and enjoy the peaceful sounds of the forest and listen for the calls and music of the many different birds. On the trail you may enjoy picking and eating blackberries, wild grapes, muscadines and blueberries. Experience the serenity and tranquility while visiting Dogwood Hills.
Terms & Conditions
- DAMAGE DEPOSIT PER CABIN $200 – Will be credited to credit card upon inspection.
- DOGWOOD HILLS GOLF RESORT RESERVATIONS TERMS & CONDITIONS. Please read the following terms and condition carefully. The payment for a reservation of any package constitutes the customer’s acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Authorization to use credit card for deposit and official payment also indicates the customer’s consent to our Terms and General Conditions.
- Use of credit card confirms a reservation. The customer shall be defined as any traveler on a golf package.
- DEPOSIT/PAYMENT: $100.00 per person at the time of booking. Full balance due at least 30 days prior to arrival. Bookings made within 30 days prior to arrival are subject to immediate payment in full.
- PAYMENT METHOD: Payments may be made by check drawn on a bank account, VISA, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Cashier’s Check, or Money Order. All payments must be made in U.S. funds. Make checks payable to Dogwood Hills, Inc.
- CANCELLATION: Packages may be cancelled with full refund up to 14 days prior to package arrival date. Cancellations must be made in writing.
- TEE TIMES: Scheduling of tee times is on a first come first serve basis. Every effort will be made to give satisfactory tee times.
- CHANGES: Changes may be made without penalty if desired cabin and tee times are available.
- INCLEMENT WEATHER: Rain checks for golf will be given if weather conditions render the course unplayable.